BOTTESFORD CE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Physical Education Overview
At Bottesford CE Primary School we believe that Physical Education, within a safe and supportive environment, contributes significantly to pupils’ overall physical and emotional development. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum with progressive learning objectives, delivered through a variety of teaching strategies. This in turn provides stimulating, enjoyable and challenging learning experiences for all pupils. All children are able to enjoy success and be motivated to further develop to their individual potential.
Running in accordance with The National Curriculum 2014 for Physical Education, the aims of PE in our school are:
• Enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and co-ordination
• Encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations
• Develop the way children perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities
• Increase children’s ability to use what they have learnt to improve the quality and control of their performance
• Teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise
• Develop the children’s enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination
• Develop an understanding in children of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.
• Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
• Enable pupils to be physically active for sustained periods of time
• Engage pupils in competitive sports and activities across the school
• Teach pupil the importance in leading healthy and active lives.
Click here to see our amazing Girls Teams' treble title winning success.